Ok Leaf Fans...lets talk Tavares

All Sports and trading card chat goes in here, this will be the hangout, dugout, clubhouse, 19th hole and sideline for all our members.

Ok Leaf Fans...lets talk Tavares

Postby Breakninja » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:49 am

Hopes and Dreams? I know the day they got the superstar from the Islanders was an extremely happy day for me. Not sure where he will play, and with who but i know the number one power play team will be great...with the loss of JVR I am pretty sure matthews and tavares should be rolled into a new number 1 unit, but im no coach so only time will tell.

share your thoughts guys.

GO LEAFS

Bargain Finder - Ending Soonest and Must have at least 1 Bid - Top 100 John Tavares Items for Sale:

http://www.breakninja.com/Advanced-Ebay ... &submit=Go
Breakninja
Site Admin

Re: Ok Leaf Fans...lets talk Tavares

Postby bullwinkle » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:14 pm

I'm not a Leaf fan, but I have a great deal of enthusiasm for the Leafs for the upcoming season. Even before they landed Tavares, I thought the Leafs had a very decent roster, full of young, talented players who are developing nicely. Tavares gives them an extra edge this season, which I believe will help them to go deeper in the playoffs than they did last year. If Andersen can continue to shine in goal, they have a good shot at chasing down the Cup this season. (Wish my Nucks were as promising...but that's surely not the case!)
bullwinkle

Re: Ok Leaf Fans...lets talk Tavares

Postby Golfnut77777 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:15 pm

As a fan that very much dislikes the Maple Leafs, I absolutely hate this. This solidifies them as a contender in my eyes. I think they still lack a little on defense and even possibly in goaltending (just can't put my trust in Andersen yet), but they are a force up front. Glad my team is in the west and only has to play them twice. Lets hope the leafs forwards take the night off both times they play the Avs.
Golfnut77777

Return to The Bench