Mike's Book Corner - I share Cool Reads from Time to Time

Anything goes in here...except spam of course, all spam messages will be deleted

Mike's Book Corner - I share Cool Reads from Time to Time

Postby Breakninja » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:23 am

ok ok i am a bit of a nerd, i do read a book once in a while, not as often as i would like...

With the suicide of Anthony Bourdain recently, and being a huge fan of his shows like no reservations and the newer one on cnn i decided to pick up his book on amazon, i am almost done the book and i plan on passing it along to a friend when im done, its a worthy read. Its geared more toward chefs and people in the field, but even the layman will get something from it. so today's book i want to recommend is

Anthony Bourdain - Kitchen Confidential Updated Edition: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly (P.S.)

There is a few differerent versions but this one is dirt cheap on amazon for like $6.41 - Click the picture to check it out

https://www.amazon.com/Kitchen-Confiden ... 67ef6ebf77
Breakninja
Site Admin

Re: Mike's Book Corner - I share Cool Reads from Time to Tim

Postby Breakninja » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:21 am

Book Title: It by Stephen King

Paperback - $9.33
Hardcover - $22.48

Comments:

I read this as a much younger man, its an interesting read. Scary monster guy terrorizes a small community and a group of kids manage to make him take a dirt nap but he comes back and the group comes back for the final fight. The book switches between the younger and older groups actions and is somewhat confusing at times but you get used to the flashbacks, worthy timekiller.

Using the above links to purchase the book will earn breakninja.com a commission as we use Amazon.com Associate Program
Breakninja
Site Admin

Re: Mike's Book Corner - I share Cool Reads from Time to Tim

Postby Breakninja » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:37 pm

Book Title: Eye of the World by Robert Jordan (Wheel of Time)

Comments and Book Review:

Ok here we go, if you have a year or two of spare time and love to read epic fantasy stories and i mean super long, awesome epic stories then the wheel of time is for you. This post I will focus on the first book of the series but you can buy the entire 14 book box set below as well, and really it would be worth it if you plan on reading the whole yarn.

Its an oldie time type story, you know the deal, swords and stuff, no technology, certainly no interwebs....and it starts off with a boy on his farm dealie then they get attacked by creatures, rescued in the nick of time (no way! that never happens) and well it turns out this village and the boy and his friends are very special indeed. I dont want to ruin it, and to be honest the first book moves very slow and you will be confused to start off and well sometimes later on in the series you will be confused as well. There is a massive amount of characters to remember and sometimes you can find yourself saying "oh yeah...that dude, now i remember". Anywho like i said i dont wanna ruin it for you but the early characters all turn out to be massive piece of the wheel.

As you finish the first book you will want to quickly be grabbing the second and so on and before you know it you have 2 days worth of beard and you smell, thats because you couldnt put down the books and time did fly by. Go grab a shower, let your eyes come back into something resembling focus and then start turning those pages again. I did end up reading this series, several times...My review...just get the book but dont judge it on the first book alone because imo its the weakest of the lot.

The author Robert Jordan Died before he could finish it and his family and another author did manage to give it a nice finish based on his notes and snippets of finished product.

Amazon Purchase links:
The Eye of the World (The Wheel of Time, Book 1) - $8.09
The Complete Wheel of Time Series Set (All Books 1 Thru 14) - $149.99

Using the links above to purchase Items will earn breakninja.com a commission as we use the Amazon.com Associate Program. Prices indicated may have changed since time of posting.
Breakninja
Site Admin

Happy Holidays from our family to yours

Postby SarahOxymn » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:37 pm

Is anyone aware of the deadline for the Willkie Farr & Gallagher (UK) LLP Training Contract Application? May all the joys of the holiday season be yours
SarahOxymn

Return to Off Topic